ARQUIMEA Research Center enhances the generation of synergies between knowledge and technology. We are a multidisciplinary center where ideas from different sectors meet to create innovative use cases and technological demonstrators based on state-of-the-art technologies. Our Principal Researcher will perform the following tasks:
- Identify state-of-the-art technologies related with Physics with high potential, low maturity and high uncertainty and lead projects to make use cases or technological demonstrators able to validate and quantify the potential of these technologies.
- Lead at least one research line in the center as Principal Researcher. Each research line will have team members and collaborators with specific knowledge in the research line area.
- Transversal knowledge across different fields of Physics.
- Ability to find funding options and collaborations in R&D EU project consortiums.
- Project management of small teams (3-9) and task definition.
- Lead high-level and low-level research activities in the fields of Physics, Applied Physics, Theoretical Physics.
- Design and implement simulations in support of design verification.
- Participate in tasks related to planning, task estimation, design, design verification, peer review, integration and release.
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, RRHH and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware development process improvements in collaboration with engineering management.
- Mentor less experience team members.
Required skills, experience and candidate profile:
- University degree in Physics / Math.
- Postdoc experience of at least 4 years
- Demonstrable experience leading a research line
- Solid basis in Theoretical Physics
- Solid basis in Math
- Open minded and ready to be challenged with multi-disciplinary R&D projects.
- Proficient in English.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Entrepreneurship experience.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Experience in Mach / Woodward effect is a plus.
- Experience in Quantum Computing is a plus.
- Experience with vacuum instrumentation is a plus.
- Experience with low noise instrumentation is a plus.
- Experience in radiation testing or space grade components and systems is a plus.